ABOUT OUR CHURCH
Our public gatherings began in October 2014 at Desert Trails Elementary School, located in the Desert Ridge area of North Phoenix. We are committed to working toward the common good of our city & world through authentic relationships and simple & sacred gatherings. We are a community following Jesus, loving people, experiencing life that is truly life. Our hope is for the redemption of our world through the way of Jesus, in Phoenix as it is in heaven.
We are a non-denominational church that affirms the historic Apostles’ and Nicene Creed. We affiliate with a movement called the Church of God (Anderson) and embrace their Statement of Belief. We are partnered with North Hills Church, McDowell Mountain Community Church, Arcadia City Church and have accountability with Arizona Association of the Church of God.
SUNDAY MORNINGS AT 10:30AM
Our pastors and ministry team leaders set vision and ministry directives, and manage the church’s day-to-day affairs and programs. Their role is to equip the people of DCC to accomplish our mission.
- Christians throughout the ages have held a wide variety of beliefs, expressed theology, and approaches to church. Though we are a church community that represents many different theological leanings and roots, we hold firmly that Christ is at the center of all things - Colossians 1:15. We uphold the historic Christian thought: In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- God, all-loving Creator of the heavens and the earth, eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is eternal and fully Divine. He became fully human, born of the virgin Mary. Though sinless and innocent, he was crucified on a cross, died and was buried in a tomb. Through His resurrection, he freed all people from the power of sin and death. He will return again, ushering in the eternal Kingdom of God. All who respond to the work and teachings of Jesus by a personal belief that is represented in a changing life will live forever with Him.
- The Holy Spirit is eternal, continually drawing men and women to God. Being filled by the Holy Spirit as children of God, believers are encouraged, transformed to be like Christ, convicted of sin and empowered to serve others.
- Salvation, a free gift from God, is God’s desire for all humanity to be in right relationship with Him. The Bible is the story of God’s love, pursuit, and redemption of his creation. God’s grace offers us hope and forgiveness for our sins through Jesus Christ. The choice is up to each individual to accept Christ or reject him. In turning from a self-centered life and turning to God, accepting the work Christ accomplished, one receives new life beginning now and for eternity.
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God. It is our guide for living. It is truth. We have no other manual. It is our final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- The Church is the living body of Christ on earth. There is only one Church in God’s sight and it is made up of all those that have chosen Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Each local congregation is an expression of this one church, and it is God’s will for each believer to be a committed family member of a local congregation. Since salvation and baptism makes one a member of God’s church, Desert City Church requires no other formalities for membership.